.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Personal Statement My Motivation - 1188 Words

I grew up in what I like to call, a ‘loose family’. That doesn t exactly mean we had no values or close communication. I say that with the perspective I now have as a 24 year old, young man. Without going into too much detail, the least I can say is, although we weren’t there together for a majority of the time we always had one another for advise and constant motivation. As a kid I would spend a lot of my time reading and I would do so in what I considered my best friend, a huge pine tree in our front yard. As strange as it may sound I fell in love with not only that specific tree, but all trees. Since that time I’ve never felt any less towards all nature and wildlife and I hope to one day educate on that subject. I’ll reach that goal because of one thing. Motivation. To give you an inside look at where my motivation comes from and my initial motivation to start college, it starts with my graduation of high school. At this time I was the ripe young age of 18, I had no idea what I wanted or what the future had in store. I was playing in a band and we spent just under 4 years touring the U.S. and parts of the U.K. At that time and that age I felt invincible, little did I know, all great things at some point come to an end. The last few years have been spent working multiple jobs I’ve hated, waking up each day more and more miserable. My most recent job is in an auto body shop, so far it’s my favorite but it’s still not what I long for, it’s not my passion. You can’t loveShow MoreRelatedPersonal Statement : Motivation Is Not Worth It Through My High School And College Career1856 Words   |  8 Pagesquick to realize motivation is a necessity to make it through my high school and college career. I believe that I am one of the lucky ones that received many sources of motivation. At first, my intentions were very simplistic. It was a simple thought—graduate. I was a good student, but comi ng to this school teaches that you need to be more than â€Å"good† to make it. Coming from a household where I was neglected I felt a sense to prove myself. I was self-motivated to prove myself to my family and thoseRead MorePersonal Vision Statement : My Vision751 Words   |  4 PagesVision Statement Introduction I am writing this statement as a declaration of my personal vision. It will serve as a guide to help ensure that my actions are corresponding to what I envision. This personal vision statement is designed to help facilitate my purpose, unforeseen obstacles, and how to manage theses obstacles. A great deal of thought has gone into constructing this vision statement and I hope that within time these endeavors fill me with a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. My VisionRead MoreMotivation Analysis : Organization Behavior1576 Words   |  7 Pages Running Head: MOTIVATION Week 6: Motivation Analysis . Course: Organization Behavior Leadership 6012_91B Instructor: Dr. Charles W. Creamer Date Submitted: June 24, 2017 Student’s Name: Shaquana Robotham Abstract In a rapidly changing workforce motivation is needed to help companies compete. It is the belief that motivation begins at the top of an organization and as CEO ensuring that employees feel motivated is of vital importance. Motivating workforces include aspects such as job securityRead MoreEssay On Health Care Development1509 Words   |  7 Pagesthey have suffered from an acute illness. My unit will be focused on how to support recovery to the patient’s best possible health status promoting seniors’ opportunities to return to their home after an acute hospitalization. I believe that this development design framework will be a successful planning template for creating medical step down unit. The first section of this paper discusses the description of the proposed unit including a mission statement, prioritized values, and an organizationalRead MoreA Pattern Based Discourse Analysis1447 Words   |  6 PagesResults In the transcript I have identified a pattern based Discourse Analysis, as the participant’s narrative begins with more general/health related motivations for exercise based on the first theme, ‘The Way we Were’. However, as the interview continues, a pattern of more personal motivations become apparent; and from them a dualistic internal discourse develops around the ‘Self-empowerment or Path to Burnout?’ theme. From it emerges a secondary narrative, in which the participant cites bothRead MoreLeadership Action Plan For Developing And Marinating A Wide Social Network1272 Words   |  6 Pagesmost important aspect of leadership that I will work on improving is developing and marinating a wide social network. Throughout my life, I could not build any relationship on grounds of self-interest. I and my 4 other siblings were raised on the idea that knowing people on the basis of pursuing a selfish advantage is completely unethical and unacceptable. Dur ing my career, I cannot count how many bridges I burned behind me. Obviously., I did not distinguish between Friendship and professional networkingRead MoreManagement Position Of A Nonprofit Organization1159 Words   |  5 Pagesgoals in accordance with the mission statement. Drucker states, â€Å"a mission statement has to be operational, otherwise it’s just good intentions† (Drucker, Chapter 1). The primary focus of the mission statement is to carry out what the organization really wants to do. My task is to try and convert this mission statement into specifics so that the company stays in line with its mission statement for desired results. Drucker believes that every mission statement must include three things: opportunitiesRead MoreThe Impact Of Expectancy Theory On The Individual Values1649 Words   |  7 Pagesâ€Å"A job will only be motivating if it leads to rewards that the individual values†, before considering the statement it is first important to understand motivation. Motivation is a broad, decision-making concept in which behaviour can be commenced and conducted, by a desire for fulfilment (Huczynski and Buchanan, 1991). Having a motivated workforce is vital for a firm’s productivity and growth, however how best to motivate employees is subject to much debate, with many theories providing conflictingRead MoreSummary. In This Article, The Most Crucial Part Is Investing1228 Words   |  5 Pagesarticle, the most crucial part is investing in reskilling current employees. 65% of the respondents will take on this approach with future workforce strategies. Ryan Frishmann, the author of this artic le, says that he does somewhat agrees with the statement â€Å"Hire for character, train for skill.† He believes that if you invest in skill and training that character will come out of it because diligence is required when applying these skills. The article mentions two skills that are very important. TheseRead MoreMotivation And Its Impact On Performance860 Words   |  4 PagesMotivation and its Impact on Performance Tony Mcalphin, Student Eastern Florida State College A persons’ performance is dependent on their willingness to accomplish a goal. There are different aspects that make up motivation and performance. In this paper, we will learn what defines both motivation and performance, and how they affect each other. What is Motivation? A person’s motivation is what drives them to set a goal and accomplish it. Merriam-Webster(2013) describes motivation as, â€Å"the general

No comments:

Post a Comment