.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Based on Kolberg’s Scale

On Kohlberg’s scale, I consider myself to be on the conventional level, Level II. I can say that I still react to my family’s expectations. Not so much of my peers, because I’ve learned that everyone have their personal opinions to everything. Sometimes, even unsolicited advices are given, I don’t intend to be rude to them in any way, therefore, I take it as creative criticism. These things happen all the time. I do conform to the norms that I learned at home and in school, not so much from the church though because I have not been an active member for some time now. I do understand the moral norms and rules and how they must be followed. Growing up, family played a significant role in my life. I can truly say that I am who I am today because of them. I was taught that for as long as I live the right way, not hurting anyone along the way, and being thankful for what I have, I will be happy. There were times that I have made the wrong choices, but for the most part, I didn’t forget my parent’s teachings. For instance, getting in trouble with the law for fighting or being disruptive, I eventually grew out of it and learned that maybe violence is not the way to do things. For the most part, having a decent conversation or as simple as talking about the problem will eventually solve the misunderstanding and everything can end well. I don’t see myself on the third level only because I haven’t come to the point where I question why things are the way they are. I know the difference between right and wrong, and I definitely think that’s more important than looking for explanations.

No comments:

Post a Comment