.

Monday, May 27, 2019

Imaginative Experience in a Music Concert Essay

I believe eitherones been through a stage of life where you eat, sleep, dream, walk, talk, breath and hear your favorite artist or the band you love well, would be an understatement blowout their number in front of millions of people, amides which you stand singing the lyrics sung on stage with step forward a thought of what may happen tomorrow, its expert the song and you at the moment. Oh Just the thought of it makes me want to quiver. But that didnt last long until last November, few weeks after(prenominal)(prenominal)ward my birthday, my father came home with the brightest smile on his face and those twinkling eyes which I think would light up the street that I was living on. He said, Guess what and my heart started running at the speed of Usain Bolts 100 meter sprint.Then he finally spoke those magical words, which till date brings a smile to my face, I GOT YOU TWO TICKETS FOR THE MUMFORD AND THE SONS CONCERT. My heart at the very moment crept inside my mouth with the outburst of such inspiration. I think I passed out for a minute or two but quickly re-collecting myself I asked him how? He then explained, it was a small gesture of appreciateation from the people from Delhi whom he had helped in their short stay in Gangtok.Those long explanation didnt really matter much as I was optn back to what would I wear, whom would I take? Which reminded me that I had to make a phone call to my friend? On the phone was my best friend Pema and with such difficulty to hide my excitement I busted out in giggles asking her to join me for this trip to Goa, where the concert was happening. She, at first couldnt believe what she was hearing but after all we are diehard fans of the Mumfords so she happily agreed. After few days of packing and bickering we were on our flight to Goa. My inner goddess was doing back flips and spring with pom- poms in her hand. Soon we were good to go and ready to check in a hotel near the beach where the whole set up was going to ta ke place.The show was the day after we arrived so we had enough time to chill in the beach and arrange our already arranged outfits for The Day All of it seemed care a vague dream to me, zero seemed real and when the day finally arrived my body started to get really numb every passing second. Soon it started acquire really dark in the horizon and the view from the hotel window was breathtaking with the sun slowly being swallowed by the ocean in the far distance. I heard my heart pumping louder than ever making the last few countdowns for the show to start. Pema was standing beside me looking at the picture perfect moment, we stood there saying nothing rather just inhaling the fresh ocean breeze and preparing for our dream to shortly turn into reality.From a distance we saw groups of youngsters approaching towards the stage and we noticed we were get late to mark our sports. So Pema ran out of the door and I quickly followed her locking the door behind me. Moments later we were o ut of the hotel and on the golden grit beneath our bare foot trying to surpass those ahead of us, straight towards the peak of where the golden sand drew its line and the stage was set up. We stood heaving right before the youngsters whom we had noticed from our hotel window, it felt like a spacious victory to stand before then although soon we were on our knees tired after the run we had made. After regaining our breath we noticed the different colored lights, instruments and people running around the stage for their final touch up and in seconds they were good to go.I looked down at my watch and it was 630 and the whole sandy area was filled with blondes, brunettes, red heads, mow hawks, bald and every possible look that a hu patch can pull off the runway. The music kept filling our ears and soon there was a man on stage with a mike on his hand doing the usual check 1-2-3. The exquisite melody faded but continued to play in the background. The man then introduced himself as the host for the night and thanked us for being a part of such a wonderful project to raise fund for the children in Africa and India and no doubts we were in high spirits to be there. He then called on stage the band we had been waiting our whole life to see them play for us. Oh and that was the momentMy inner goddess with much excitement did a triple back flip and cartwheels all around the stage. The whole waiting was done with and the very following moment they were on stage The Mumford, leaving trails of goose bumps along my skin despite the heat. It was a bittersweet feeling over all, melancholy and a great deal of joy for having the opportunity to stand and watch the beauty of Indie. They started the night by singing their number on hit song on iTunes- I will wait. Although, my voice not so soothing and heavenly like theirs I closed my eyes and sang along. I thought to myself, Surely, life in the clouds feels unreal.Just as they sang the last verse I opened my eyes to see light e verywhere, bright warm, piercing lights, endeavoring it, I kept it at bay for a few more precious minutes. Soon they played numerous amounts of tracks and we tried keeping up with the high spirited people just having to fail every time. Nevertheless, it was a night to be remembered and cherished throughout my life and be grateful to my father without whose generosity toward people got us to this days.So be kind to one another

No comments:

Post a Comment